Daikon radish - 1 (450 g)
Shimeji mushrooms - 1 bunch
Enoki mushrooms - bunch
Daikon sprouts - 1/4 package
Sugar - 1 Tbsp
Rice vinegar - 2 Tbsp
Sea salt - 2/3 tsp
1. Skin and grate the daikon and then place it into a sieve to drain the excess water.
2. Cut the hard bottom off the bunch of shimeji mushrooms and separate the bunch into small pieces.
3. Cut the bottom off the bunch of enoki mushrooms and separate the bunch into small pieces.
4. Cut the roots off the daikon sprouts.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the mushrooms. Cook until they soften.
*You do not need to use any oil. The mushrooms will soften quickly with just heat.
6. Mix the sugar, rice vinegar, and salt in a bowl.
7. Add the grated daikon, shimeji & enoki mushrooms to the bowl and mix well.
8. Serve in cute little Japanese bowls and garnish with daikon sprouts.
This is a very simple, refreshing, nutritious recipe and it's perfect for a summertime side or snack!